Annual General Body Meeting (6 May 2012)
The Annual General Body Meeting of VYK was held on 6th May 2012 at 11.30 a.m. under the chairmanship of Mr. Basant Kumar Pradhan, President, The following signatories were present in the meeting:
- Mr. Basant Kumar Pradhan, President
- Dr. Sabita Pattanaik, Vice President
- Mr. Purnendu Sekhar Dehury, Treasurer
- Dr. Bandita Pradhan, Assistant Secretary
- Mr. Loknath Sahoo, Executive Committee Member
- Mr. Rajanikant Dehury, General Body Member
- Er. Ajay Kumar Mahakud, General Body Member
- Mr. Mohan Charan Sahoo, General Body Member
- Mr. Manoj K. Mohapatra, Member Secretary
- Shri Tripurari Srichandan Singh, Adviser
- Dr. Dinabandhu Jena, Adviser
- Shri Gunanidhi Pradhan, Adviser
- Shri Krushna Chandra Dhir Bisoi, Adviser
- Confirmation of previous minutes.
- Presentation of annual report of 2011-12 and its approval.
- Presentation of accounts report of 2011-12 and its approval.
- Presentation of action plan of 2012-13 and its approval.
- Appointment of auditor for the financial year 2012-13
- Election of Executive Committee
- Any other with the permission of chair.
The Member Secretary welcomes all the members and seeks approval of the agenda which was unanimously approved.
The Member Secretary presented the minutes of last year AGBM and the minutes were unanimously approved.
The report of activities of the financial year 2011-12 was presented by the Member Secretary. The members present asked the following points which were clarified and decisions taken for further action.
- Since the Eye Care Project is completed in March 2012 supported by RTS, the house decided to review the Vision Centre Performance and the activities of eye care program in Sambalpur. It will also be reviewed the collaboration of Trilochan Netralaya and Grace Vision Foundation. The Project Evaluation Committee headed by Mr. Basant Kumar Pradhan, President and Dr. Dinabandhu Jena and Er. Ajay Kumar Mahakud as members will evaluate and produce the report for further action.
- A two day orientation// refresher training of all the members, advisers and senior staffs will be organized for updating knowledge and better interaction among each other.
- Members were briefed about the Silver Jubilee Celebration and expenditure incurred in the program.
The Treasurer presented the financial report for the year 2011-12. Members were clarified about the purchase of new land close to the office against the sale of old land of the organization located in different place. The members suggested for construction of 1st floor of the building taking soft loan from the bank or private institutions. The report was unanimously approved.
The member Secretary presented the action plan (Tentative plan that is subject to change) for the financial year 2012-13 along with the budget. The following action plan was approved.
- Early Childhood Development (HHI): Rs. 9 lakhs
- ECD program (Tata Trust) :Rs. 20 lakhs per year appx.
- Training of Trainers on ECD (SCF/ HHI): Rs. 175,000
- IGNOU program: Rs. 3 lakhs appx.
- Crèche Program (SSWB): : Rs. 211,920
- Computer education (Smile foundation): Rs. 200.000
- Community college program: Rs. 100,000 appx.
- Deuljhari software program (District Administration): Rs. 630,000
- Panchayatiraj Training (SIRD): As per schedule and approved budget of Govt.
- ASHA Training (NRHM/CDMO): As per schedule and approved budget of Govt.
- Miscellaneous income : Rs. 500,000
M/s Pradip Jhajaria, FCA, Chartered Accountant Angul was unanimously decided for appointment of Auditor for the financial year 2012-13.
The applications of Mr. Damodar Barik, Jajpur and Mr. Sudhir Kumar Sahoo, Angul for membership in VYK were placed before the house. The members were presented the profile of both of the applicants The house accepted both of them as member in the General Body Member of VYK.
The house elected the following persons in the Executive Committee for the next three years.
- Mr. Basant Kumar Behera, President
- Dr. (Mrs) Sabita Pattanaik, Vice President
- Mr. Manoj K. Mohapatra. Member Secretary
- Dr. (Mrs) Bandita Pradhan, Assistant Secretary
- Mr. Purnendu Sekhar Dehury, Treasurer
- Er. Ajay Kumar Mahakud, Member
- Mr. Loknath Sahoo, Member
The house invited Mr. Gobinda Sankhari and Mr. Abhay Charan Swain, who were associated with VYK till April 2012 as full time staff. The President and Member Secretary offered gratitude for their selfless voluntary work and appreciated their cooperation and support to VYK for last couple of years.
Mr. Hara Mohan Mohapatra was also offered thanks for his association with VYK since the founding of the organization and worked as Executive Committee Member for last two terms.
Shri Tripurari Srichandan Singh shared his view and appreciated the effort and selfless work of VYK. He suggested sensitizing all stake holders and service providers against corruption.
The meeting was ended with vote of thanks to the chair at 2.30 p.m.
BASANT K. PRADHAN(President )
MANOJ K. MOHAPATRA(Member Secretary)