Latest News of 2011
- 219 ASHAs have been trained in 7 bathes under 5 days training on Home Based Care during November and December 2011, supported by National Rural Health Mission.
- Enrolled 161 rural youths in higher education stream in July 2011 and 120 in January 2012 session.
- The organization has celebrated its silver jubilee on 4th November 2011. The report " On the silver Mark" has been published describing brief about 25 years of involvement in development sector. The periodical news bulleting "Yuva Barta" has also been unveiled on this occasion.
- A regional consultation on "Early Childhood Development" was organized on 3rd November 2011. People from Angul, Subarnapur, Deogarh, Dhenkanal and Boudh have been participated. The news bulletin on ECD was unveiled on this occasion.
- The district level advocacy workshop was also organized on 2nd November 2011 in collaboration with FANSA Odisha chapter.
- 54 units of blood have been collected in a blood donation camp on 1st November 2011 held at VYK in collaboration with Ama Odisha and Blood Bank Angul.
- Completed 34 trainings and covered ----PRI members of Kishorenagar, Athmallik, Banarpal and Pallahara blocks of Angul district on (1) Role Clarity and (2) Social Welfare and other line department Programs during October 2009 to September 2010.
- Enrolled 103 rural underprivileged youths in higher education stream in July 2010 session under IGNOU.
- Supported Rs. 15 lakh to 74 women self help groups for income generation activities under OFSD Project.
- Started 6 months course and enrolled 15 youths in Certificate in garment stitching and 15 in Desk Top Publishing in VYK Rural Community College from 2nd October 2010.
- Miriam Thungaraj, Research Scholar, ARNEC, Singapore has studied the best practices of the VYK implemented project “capacity building of child health service providers” in July 2010. Report will be available on demand.
- Completed training of 450 paqnchayati raj institution members on rules, role and responsibility during in 14 batches during September 2009 to March 2012.
- Imparted training for 300 ICDS workers 100 creche teachers and 650 mothers on child care in 2009 -10.
- Prepared micro plan for 35 villages in Chhendipada block of Angul district.
- Enrolled 200 under privileged youths for higher education in IGNOU.
- Supported 20 lakh rupees as micro credit support for IGA in 48 women self help groups.
- Organised 4 days state level youth leadership training programme for 100 youths of the state during 17-20 March 2010.
- Organised training of youths (40 nos.) on national development during 12-14 January 2010
- Completed 6 months course on computer education and English for 40 rural and urban youths and started second batch for another 40 youths.
Legal aid awareness camp (13/09/09)
Legal aid awareness camp is going to held at VYK on dated 13/09/09. Sub-Judge and SDJM Athmallik will be the resource person. Participants (Teachers, PRI members, SHG leaders, youth leaders, NGO functionaries)
INAUGURATION of VYK RURAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE (15/09/09)
This Programme is Approved by Indira Gandhi National Open University is going to be Inagurated on Dated the 15th September 2009 at 11.00 am.
Guest Persons :
- Shri Sanjib Kumar Sahoo Hon'ble Minister of state for Commerce and Transport, Govt. of Odisha
- Shri Rudra Narayan Pani Hon'ble Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha)
- Shri Swamy D.V., IAS Collector and District Magistrate, Angul
- Dr. Pramod Kumar Ratha (M.S.) C.D.M.O., Angul
- Dr. S. K. Tripathy R.D., IGNOU R.C., Bhubaneswar
- Shri Sudarsan Dash Secretary, Human Development Foundation, Bhubaneswar