Why VRCC ?
The community college system is different from the traditional system of education or vocational education in operation in India. It is an alternative and innovative system of education in the following ways : specialty
- It is aiming at the employability of the individual trained.
- It is evolving a system to declare the competency level and duly certify the same.
- It is promoting strong Industry-Institutional linkage and ties. It involves the industries to articulate the skills; it wants and works in close collaboration with the industries, to make the individuals skill oriented that is needed by the employer.
- It emphasizes the teaching of life skills, communication skills and English to the takers of the system.
- The community college system certainly lessens the burden on higher education.
- It is evolving a system of evaluation and assessment of skills which are personal, social, language, communication, work and creativity.
Benefits to the Society
The community college system provides an ample of benefits to the society in the following ways :
- Includes the excluded
- Give the best to the least
- Enhances the human resource development
- Alleviates poverty
- Empowers the disadvantaged group, particularly women
- Competence and capacity building system
- Create self employment opportunities
- Constructive channeling of energies of vast proportions of the educated unemployed
- Catalyst to rural development
- Democratic response to the current processes of privatization, globalization and liberalization
- Instrument to promote communal harmony and national integration
- Movement of the people.